Extracts part of the data in an XML document located by an XPath expression.
- Display name: The name of the node as it will appear in the Workflow. Replaces the term “XML Get”.
- XML document: the attribute that contains the XML document (already supplied by the XML Parsing node)
- XPath expression: the expression used for locating the part of the document to find
- Provided prefix is the prefix for the three attributes provided by the node; if the default value is xml.get, then the three attributes provided are xml.get.table, xml.get.failed and xml.get.error.
- The “xml.get.table” attribute is a table containing the keys/values resulting from parsing the Xpath expression.
- The “xml.get.failed” attribute is a Boolean showing whether an error was raised.
- If there was an error (“xml.get.failed” True), the “xml.get.error” attribute contains the description of the error and the “xml.get.table” table is empty.
If the xml document to be parsed is:
and if the expression is:
then the table would be:
Note: When the data to be extracted is TEXT (including CDATA), the key is a dot (“.”).