This node will Analyze the XML message and verify that it adheres to the standard and other criteria such as size, message depth, etc.
The node will produce an attribute that will be reused later in all the nodes. Therefore its use is indispensable for all other operations.
It must be placed before any XML processing to export the XML content to the Workflow.
By default, a workflow example is available : I-Sentry Web Services Default
- Display name: The name of the node as it will appear in the Workflow.
- Provided prefix: Replacement of the prefix – this option lets you configure several prefixes (one prefix per node) and thereby manipulate several XML documents.
- Source XML: Defines the origin of the XML document to be processed. It can be derived from an attribute (source Attribute) or hard-coded (Text).
- Attribute: The name of the attribute that contains the XML document.
- Text: The XML document to be processed.
- Maximum size for the XML document: The maximum size of the document; a value of 0 removes the limitation.
- Maximum number of nested elements: The maximum number of elements that can be nested; a value of 0 removes the limitation.
- Allow internal entities: Defines the policy for internal entities. Yes to allow the entities, No to reject them.
- Allow external entities: Defines the policy for external entities. Yes to allow the entities, No to reject them.
Allow internal entities and Allow external entities options, configured to No, are used to mitigate XML External Entity attacks (XXE).
- xml.parsing.doc: Contains the XML document ready to be used by the other nodes.
- xml.parsing.error: Contains the error message if processing fails.
- xml.parsing.failed: Indicates the status of processing. This attribute is set to True if there is an error.