Release date: 12/26/2017
This version is a maintenance release of the Long Term Support (LTS) v5.5.
Security and Component's update
- OpenSSL to 1.0.2m
- Kernel to 3.16.48
- PHP to 5.6.31
- Jetty to 9.3
- Java to 1.8
Bug criticality indicators
: Serious, : Moderate or with workaround, : Low or cosmetic.
Alerts, logs and reporting
- [DA-4076] Realtime log viewer via "Log Management" returns always "Value not authorized."
- [DA-8242] Runtime cleaner remove used directory
- [DA-7779] Unauthenticated Remote Code Execution via XML api
For more details, see the advisory page.
- [DA-7335] Apache error on static content with invalid right
- [DA-6425] SNMPTRAP not working anymore
- [DA-6276] OpenSSH MaxAuthTries Bypass
[DA-2218] MAC address is not updated on network card replacement
ICX and ACE
[DA-6786] Categories and rules uids are changing when 'save as' an ICX configuration
[DA-6705] ICX Behavior changes on whitelists
[DA-7350] Technical error on WAM configurations using verify certificate option
[DA-5751] Elliptic Curve Cryptography certificates can not be uploaded
- [DA-3336] Outgoing SSL: Proxy check peer CN and expire depends on CA certificates
Authentication and SSO
[DA-6330] Intermediate certificate can not be uploaded
[DA-6095] Unable to modify "Kerberos Delegation Authentication - token" authentication type
- [DA-5258] LDAPS (over SSL) connection error when using key size higher than 1024 bits
- [DA-7906] Realtime log viewer via "Log Management" returns always "Value not authorized."
- [DA-7116] Allow GeoIP database updates without RSE upgrades
- [DA-7098] No check before removing authentication server used for GUI Authentication
Reverse proxy and tunnel
- [DA-7587] Controller timeout when applying to many tunnels
- [DA-7514] Reverse proxy without tunnel ignores the apply
- [DA-6525] Backend monitoring frequency setup is not working
- [DA-5880] Metric 'cpu load warning' does not appear in the list
- [DA-7548] Segfault on invalid HTTP response from backend
- [DA-7342] Controller stacktrace when uploading a corrupted backup
- [DA-6657] Namespace number is increased at each backup/restore
- [DA-6110] Syslog message contains 'localhost' or 'webserver' instead of the appliance name
- [DA-4449] Sysctl profiles are not applied after restoring a backup
Identified problems, failures and limitations
ICX rules behavior
The fix for "[DA-724]: Double conditions on same element in an ICX rule doesn't work” can lead to a behavior change with some ICX exception rules. Previously, a rule with several conditions on the same field matched as soon as one of the conditions was true whatever the selected ‘Match’ type (‘Any’ or ‘All’). In i-Suite 5.5.8, for the Match type ‘All’, the rule will match only if all conditions are true regardless the type of fields.
Before 5.5.8, R1 = C1 AND (C2 OR C3)
In 5.5.8, R1 = C1 AND C2 AND C3
In 5.5.9, the previous behaviour was reintroduced, it corresponds to the 'All fields' match type ([DA-3490]).
OpenSSL weak ciphers no longer supported
i-Suite 5.5.13 has the last version of OpenSSL. Since OpenSSL 1.0.1s, weak ciphers are no longer supported. Update can't be done if weak ciphers are not removed from all SSL Cipher Profiles.
100% CPU load problem
An increase of the CPU load up to 100% can occur on Power Edge R220 in some cases. If the problem occurs on one of your server, install the following fix by uploading the file in the i-Suite GUI in "Setup > i-Boxes > box > i-Box Settings > Utils > Support debug script".
Deprecated EXPORT ciphers in OpenSSL
Export ciphers arenow deprecated since OpenSSL 1.0.1m. Update can't be done if these ciphers are not removed.
ADH-AES256-GCM-SHA384, ADH-AES256-SHA256, ADH-AES256-SHA, ADH-CAMELLIA256-SHA, ADH-AES128-GCM-SHA256, ADH-AES128-SHA256, ADH-AES128-SHA, ADH-SEED-SHA, ADH-CAMELLIA128-SHA, ADH-RC4-MD5, ADH-DES-CBC3-SHA, AECDH-AES256-SHA, AECDH-AES128-SHA, AECDH-RC4-SHA, AECDH-DES-CBC3-SHA, AECDH-NULL-SHA
We also remind that TLS clients are rejecting handshakes with DH parameters shorter than 1024 bits (since OpenSSL 1.0.1r).
SSL accelerator cards
Ambiguous report for raid and power supply status
On 2100 server, RAID status could be misleading when a disk is in fault.
- This version cannot be installed on hardware (or virtual machines) with 32-bit CPUs. The installation process will abort.
- The procedure Changing the IP administration of i-Box via BeeShell must be followed by a reboot (reboot command) of the i-Box for the connection can be established on the new IP.
- [BW-2213] - Configuration overwrite if Credential repository and Authentication server have the same name.
- [BW-2015] - SSH daemon, SNMP deamon, DNS and Hosts sections of i-Box configuration are not activated after restore.
The workaround consists in opening the i‑Box modification dialog after restoring and validating the configuration.
- [BW-1750] - "HTTP Basic Authentication - Custom Learning" doesn't support non-UTF8 encoding
- [BW-1317] - Credential learning does not work when backend is sending back gzip/deflate
- [BW-2209] - Scheduled task: reports are generated in english despite french setting
- [BW-2096] - Large request headers won't be logged in security logs
When a request contains an attack and the header size is large (near 64K), the alert is not logged in the Security Logs.
- [BW-1126] - Labels are lost after restoring items
[BW-1076] - Failed scheduled task not reported in event log
Before installing this version, backup any work that is in progress. Generate and download a backup of all the i‑Boxes.
- Check that the i‑Box cluster is running on the beeware-os-5.5.11 version or beeware-os-5.5.12 version
- Download the latest Administration Interface (5.5.13) from https://my.denyall.com
- Log into the Management i‑Box with the new Interface.
- Download the beeware-os 5.5.13 RSE file to the i‑Box.
- Back up all the configurations and download the backup file.
Select the Management i‑Box and click “Install”.
The Management i‑Box must be updated first, before updating the managed i-Box.
- The installation process will automatically reboot the i‑Box.
- Repeat stages 5 and 6 for each managed i‑Box, if there are any.
- Perform an Apply (with Cold Restart selected) on all the configurations.
- Start uninstall all managed i-Boxes. Select a managed i‑Box; click Uninstall.
- The i-Box is reboot automatically.
- Repeat stages 1 and 2 for all managed i-Boxes.
- Repeat stages 1 and 2 for the Management i-Box. The administration console will be disconnected.
- After Management i-Box reboot, log into the Management i-Box, and perform an Apply (with Cold Restart selected) on all the configurations.